• Royce W. Knight, 45,
of Worland died in Worland on June 1, 2015.
• Lois Schacterle, 88, of Casper, died June 1, 2015.
• Petra Betran Costalez, 89, of Colorado, died June 2, 2015.
• Lorraine Mae Getzfreid, 93, of Basin, died Wednesday, June 3, 2015.
• Carl L. Wake, 84, of Worland on June 6, 2015 in Worland.
• James E. Scalia, 69, of Worland on June 6, 2015 in Billings, Mont.
• Lyle M. Huscher, 80, of Worland, died June 9, 2015, in Worland.
• Harold W. Carrell, 87, formerly of Worland, died June 8, 2015.
• Lawrence D. Roy Jr., 72, of Atoka, TN, died June 13, 2015.
• Tony Scott Markve, 38, of San Antonio, TX, died June 14, 2015.
• Mary Ann Mills, 55, of Thermopolis, died June 16, 2015.
• Lisa Ann Price, 57, died in Billings, MT June 4, 2015.
• Jerry Cook, 72, of Worland, died June 21, 2015, at Washakie Medical Center in Worland.
• Katherine R. Wright, 75, died June 15, 2015 in Paonia, Colorado.
• James Lowell "Jim" Davenport, 88, in Las Vegas, NV June 29, 2015.
• Helen Ann Simpson, 73, died June 24, 2015, in Thermopolis.
• Penny C. Mondragon, 57, died June 22, 2015, in Worland.
• George W. Hartley, 94, of Worland died on June 30, 2015, in Worland.
George William Hartley of Worland, 94, passed away on June 30, 2015,
at his home in Worland.
George was born on March 31, 1921, in Melstone, Mont.
The funeral service will be on July 7, 2015, at 2 p.m. at Grace Chapel Community Church in Worland.
A memorial service for Penny Marie Conner Mondragon, 57, will be
held on Friday July 3, 2015 at 1 p.m. at Veile Mortuary Chapel in
Penny died on June 23, 2015, at her home south of Worland.
Funeral services for Helen Ann Simpson, 73, will be Monday, June 29,
2 p.m. at the Hot Springs Christian Church on Broadway in
Thermopolis, WY. Burial will follow at Riverside Cemetery. Pastor
Daryl Lottman will officiate.
Mrs. Simpson died Wednesday, June 24, 2015, at Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital in Thermopolis.
Mortimore Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
James Lowell “Jim” Davenport passed away in Las Vegas, NV on June
19th, 2015 after a courageous battle with cancer at the age of 88.
He was born January 31, 1927 to James B. and Laura E. (Crew) Davenport in Oskaloosa, Iowa. His early working years included smoke jumping with the U.S. Forest Service in Coos Bay, Oregon, and serving with the U.S. Army’s 43rd Infantry Division in Richmond, Virginia as well as in Germany during the Korean War. He then lived in Denver, CO working for Gates Rubber Company as a Quality Auditor from 1952 to 1961, while completing his engineering degree. In 1961, he moved to Worland, Wyoming where he farmed and ranched until his retirement in 1985.
He was an active member of the VFW (Life Member), Elks Lodge, and the Presbyterian Church, where he was an ordained Deacon and served as a ruling Elder from 1963 onward. While in Worland, he served two terms as a County Commissioner and as a Governor’s appointee on Wyoming’ Environmental Quality Council.
In retirement, he lived in Billings, MT (1988-1999); Carson City, NV (1999-2010); and in Las Vegas for the remainder of his life.
He married Betty Erma Gay in Richmond, VA on December 29th, 1950. She preceded him in death on May 3rd, 2007. He was also preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Wayne, and his grandson.
He is survived by his 3 children. Cheryl (Merle) Kleinschmidt of Benicia, CA; Cori (Richard) Goulson of Las Vegas, NV; and Bill (Monica) Davenport of Fairfield Glade, TN. He is also survived by numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held in Carson City on June 27, 2015 followed by a memorial service in Las Vegas on July 3, 2015.
In lieu of flowers, please forward contributions to Westminster Presbyterian Church, 4601 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108.