Northern Wyoming News - Serving the Big Horn Basin for over 100 years

By Karla Pomeroy
Editor 

Grease fire displaces Worland residents from hom

 

November 30, 2018

Karla Pomeroy

Sage Crossing Apartments site manager Tony Hernandez Lopez (right) lets Worland firefighters know that there is some smoke in the adjacent apartment to where a grease fire was ignited Thursday morning.

WORLAND — A grease fire Thursday morning destroyed a kitchen and had several apartment residents evacuated for a short time at the Sage Crossing Apartments.

Worland Fire Capt. Brandon Yule said resident Robyn Hance was heating up oil on her electric range to make french fries. She went upstairs and forgot about the oil until she heard the smoke/fire alarm and came downstairs. She saw the fire and threw a bucket of water. The water, reacting to the boiling grease ignited the cabinets on fire.

“It was a classic throwing-water-on-a-grease-fire mistake,” Yule said. He reminds residents,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/21/2019 08:36