Girl hospitalized after eating mom's THC edibles
January 21, 2021
DOUGLAS (WNE) — After a Saturday night sleepover, a 14-year-old girl was hospitalized after finding and eating her mom’s THC edibles.
The mother, 33, said she did not know her daughter knew where the edibles were until she had to be hospitalized Sunday afternoon, said Sgt. Gary Sams.
The girl had a friend, 13, sleeping over her house that night on Dietrich Court. The 13-year-old put an edible in her mouth but spit it out when she learned what it actually was, Sams said.
Deputies ticketed the mother for possession of the edibles, Sams said.