Author photo

By Karla Pomeroy

Simple, small device can reduce fire risk for home oxygen users


June 3, 2021

The Firesafe thermal fuse will reduce the risk of fire for people on home oxygen.

WORLAND - The recent incident of a Gillette man who reportedly caught himself on fire when he was smoking a cigarette while wearing an oxygen nasal cannula is not uncommon, but the risk can be greatly reduced, according to Washakie County Fire Warden Chris Kocher.

Kocher said the State Fire Marshal's Office and fire chiefs around the state met several years ago and looked at the data in Wyoming.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024